TOFUNMI DISU: THE PERSON, THE BLOG, THE PLAN
OH MY GOSH! I’m finally back to blogging; again. I know I know, don’t give me that look. I’m actually back this time.
This would be my very first post this year, 2019, despite the fact that I haven’t blogged in a very long time. Don’t worry, we will get to that soon enough.
I hope you stick around to the very end of this post and I also hope you learn a thing or two. So let’s get to it.
TOFUNMI DISU: THE PERSON
My name is Mariam Oluwatofunmi Disu, majorly known as Tofunmi Disu and that was how the name of the blog came to be.
I am a young lady in my 20s who loves everything about style and someone who loves to explore new places and food amongst others. My love for style and travel led me to
Who really is Tofunmi Disu? I am Tofunmi Disu and here are some facts about me:
FACTS ABOUT TOFUNMI DISU
- I happen to be a tomboy. Although, not 100% one though, but, if you really get to know me, you’d see that side of me. Also, I reflect it in my style sometimes, actually, most times depending on my mood. You really can’t blame me. I grew up with a bunch of boys. Therefore, would play football together and do all the boyish things together and I loved it, think I just grew into that and hanging around guys so much. They are so real.
- I am so madly in love with music. Could listen to music all day, all night and never ever get bored of it. When I eat, sleep, take a bath, and breathe, basically every time, music is being played. Deep in the pool swimming, I’m listening to music, that’s a lie because I cannot swim and I have terror for the waters. No jokes.
- I talk to myself almost every now and then. I’m like the best listener ever to be created in the history of mankind. I don’t talk to people, I have issues doing that. It’s like there’s really no one to talk to that would understand what it is I’m saying or where I’m coming from but myself. It’s crazy, right? Or I’m I crazy? Oh well, we’d never know.
- I am such a foodie! Who would believe that? I look so skinny/fit and yet I’m always eating? That’s so not possible. Well people, it is the truth and nothing but the truth.
- I find it very difficult to keep the same hairstyle for up to 3 days, no jokes, except it’s my natural hair, I have a hard time with it, braids especially. Hence, the reason you see me most times either with my natural hair or a million other styles in the space of a week or two.
Over the past few years, I have grown, experienced quite a number of things. Learnt new things, and
Depression is not something a lot of people talk about. More often than none, people think it is not possible for a Nigerian/ African to be depressed. A lot of people would not actually believe that I battled with depression. This past year, 2018, I was in the lowest point of my life so far. No one even knew what was going on.
I would laugh with people, smile, cheer them up, go out and what not but deep down, I really wasn’t happy.
In my last blog, I wrote about that and also gave tips on what to do when going through depression. If you’d like a post on that, do let me know. I am more than willing to help and also share what worked for me.
Today, I am glad to say that I am a happy person, well most times as it’s not possible to be happy 100% of the time. I now know how to control my emotions and wave off what’s bad for me.
I have started an online fashion business, although not where I want it to be but it’s going good. I’ve also learnt how to sew and I make pretty nice outfits if I do say so myself. Have a couple of projects in the planning stage and can’t wait to execute them yet, I promise, they are for you and you will love them.
Enough about me now, let’s get to the blog.
TOFUNMI DISU: THE BLOG
Tofunmi Disu blog was officially established in February 2017. Initially, it was a fashion and lifestyle blog where I posted about my style and most things about my life. Things like my unfiltered thoughts, what I wore, what I did, something I saw somewhere and so on. It was in all definition of an online journal.
Along the line, I really wasn’t feeling the blog as much. Although I had a number of collaborations with some brands, made a little money from it, I just really wasn’t feeling the blog.
The period where I got depressed in 2018, I would still come up and write a couple of posts, even though my numbers were increasing, I knew I had to offer some sort of value.
Not having the value I wanted to offer you my readers defined, I decided to go on a long break. This break helped me figure out what was lacking in the fashion and travel blogging section. It helped me realize what I needed to offer you, the value I needed to put out. Having this defined, I know what blog posts to publish, what materials to offer and the type of content to create.
During my long break, my blog hosting subscription expired and I wasn’t notified. Due to the fact that I had no idea my blog was suspended, I didn’t bother renewing the subscription. Unknowing to me that the hosting provider I used for my blog deletes data after 30 days without any notification, I lost all of my previous content. This is the reason for this new blog eventhough it has got the same URL.
It took a lot of back and forth to get my domain name back. It took a lot of struggles and complaints to even get my blog subscription back up only to realize my data was deleted and there was nothing I could do about it.
I have currently moved my blog hosting from that particular hosting provider to a new one, and also transferred my domain name to a new registrar and I tell you, it hasn’t been easy. I could have easily given up and read all of that as a sign to not come back into the blogging industry but because I know how important you all are to me, I just couldn’t give up like that.
Cheers to New Beginnings.
It is created to help you find your style, understand the basics about styling yourself and making your wardrobe work for you at all times.
This blog is also created to help you discover new places you can visit on the mainland, in Lagos, in Nigeria and once in a while, outside Nigeria.
We all know that style is not complete without grooming. I would also be sharing posts on grooming to help you grow and be completely stylish. Tips would be shared on Skincare, Hair, Makeup and Nails.
It is a very educational blog with tips that could be easily practiced.
TOFUNMI DISU: THE PLAN
Here, I would be sharing with you a few of my plans for the blog which is also my blog goals for the year and I hope you all can hold me accountable.
- Be consistent. Publish new posts every Monday.
- Publish first 10 blog posts.
- Get first 20 subscribers and then build a list of 500-1000 subscribers.
- Get 20 unique blog visitors a day.
- Build a strong presence on social media platforms.
- Explore 10 new places and share experience on the blog.
- Collaborate with first 5 creatives.
- Collaborate with first 5 brands.
- Get first blog link/feature on another blog.
- Write first guest post on another blog.
- Get first paid collaboration.
- Have at least two income streams from the blog.
- Create a media kit that works.
- Create and sell a product or service off the blog.
- Google AdSense approval.
These are little goals to encourage me. Let’s make it fun, how about a giveaway each time I achieve a goal? Would you like that?
This would be all for now about Tofunmi Disu: The Person, The Blog and The Plan.
I would like to get to know you my readers, so please tell me a bit about yourself in the comment below.
Tell me what you would like to see more of on the blog.
Do you have goals for this year, 2019? Do share in the comment below, if we’ve got common goals, we might as well achieve them together.